What are Special Benefits?
These are cash benefits, granted during times and situations of need arising as a result of a work related accident or a work related illness.
They are financed through the budget approved by the Ministry of Employment and Social Security Institute and paid by the Social Welfare Fund generated by the Mutual Society.
All employees at our mutual enterprises, or self-employed workers, who have suffered a Work-related Injury or Occupational Disease and as a consequence of it are experiencing a situation of financial hardship due to lower income or special expenses not covered by Social Security.
In the event of death, the employee's/worker's dependents may apply for it.
The request form may also be submitted by:
- FREMAP's social workers.
- The social workers at the mutual enterprises where the employee who has suffered a work-related injury or occupational disease works.
- Representatives of the mutual enterprises where the employee who has suffered a work-related injury or occupational disease works.
- A company that is a member of FREMAP.
- Support for purchasing machinery
- Support for launching a business
- SELF-EMPLOYED WORKERS
- Support for self-employed workers in a situation of temporary disability
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Support products for facilitating autonomy and mobilisation
- STATES OF NECESSITY
- Support for workers in situations of permanent and temporary disability who are in need
- Support to pensioners with medical treatment
- Support to patients on sick leave without the right to benefits
- Support to compensate losses of income for caring for an injured relative.
- Funeral expenses
- Support for deficiency situations for orphans, parents and other relatives
- Grants and support for training for orphans
- TRAINING IN THE MAJADAHONDA PROFESSIONAL RETRAINING CENTRE
- Training grants
- Professional Retraining Courses
- Employee Guidance Courses
- Work Experience
- Entrepreneurial Courses
- EXTERNAL TRAINING
- Courses approved by the State Administration or by the Autonomous Community
- Non-approved courses or those without teaching presence
- Activities to promote the personal autonomy of the disabled
- EXTRAORDINARY CHARGES FOR HOSPITALISATION OR TREATMENT
- Allowances for meals and companion/care person travel
- In-home support
- Temporary stays of the seriously disabled
- Extraordinary/Complementary treatment
- Ophthalmic prosthesis
- Replacement of glasses
- Dental prosthesis
- Replacement of dental prosthesis
- Auditory prosthesis/Hearing aids
- Other prosthesis not covered by Social Security
- VEHICLES FOR PAYEES WITH PERMANENT DISABILITY
- Adaptation of the vehicle according to regulations of the Directorate General of Traffic (DGT)
- Purchase of adapted vehicle
- Renewal of driving license
- HOUSING FOR PAYEES WITH A DISABILITY
- Adaptation of home
- Purchase of home
- Home rental
- Support for Purchase/Adaptation of PCs
- Carer training
- Specialised psychological and social care for relatives
See the requirements of each concept in the following catalogue.
The request form should be submitted to the Special Benefits Committee. This council is comprised of five representatives of the companies that are members of FREMAP and five representatives of the employees at companies that are members of FREMAP that have been appointed by Federations of Trade Unions. The Committee will assess each request submitted and will issue a decision.
All request forms should be sent to the FREMAP Special Benefits Committee at the organisation's head office:
Carretera de Pozuelo, 61
28222 Majadahonda (Madrid)