FREMAP's commitment to sustainability is outlined in our FREMAP's Document on Company Culture and looks towards the future in the 2015-2017 Strategic Plan of FREMAP, contributing with our responsible activity to the progress of society, based on committed Social Responsibility and Action.
FREMAP views Social Responsibility as its voluntary responsible commitment, above and beyond its legal obligations, to integrate in its management the expectations of its stakeholders, thereby helping to enhance the health, sustainable development and well-being of society.
The Business Culture and the Code of Conduct, aligned with the Strategic Plan of FREMAP, have inspired the definition of a Social Responsibility Policy: a set of general guidelines and goals that guide FREMAP's activities with respect to its responsibility to stakeholders.
In its Social Responsibility Policy, FREMAP pledges to:
- To comply with, enforce, and promote national and international laws, abiding by the rights recognised by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Principles of the Global Compact.
- Transparent, ethical and responsible business management, with efficacy and efficiency criteria, making business activity compatible with the exercise of social responsibility.
- Ensures that its employees have a healthy and safe work environment. Respect of equal opportunities, privacy, freedom of opinion, fair remuneration and avoidance of all forms of workplace harassment.
- Promoting job stability, facilitating the reconciliation of work and personal life, promoting training that favours employees' personal and professional development, maintaining a good work climate.
- Promoting solidarity and social responsibility among employees, favouring the development of their social interests and participation in volunteer actions.
- Offering customers an excellent service that, viewed integrally, is offered by consulting in the field of risks that affect health and their consequences, the provision of healthcare and the management of entitlements.
- Provide its clients with all the human and technical resources available and ensure the confidentiality and respect for the privacy of their data, thus creating channels to direct suggestions and complaints.
- Promoting socially responsible management among suppliers, establishing mutually beneficial, respectful and honest relationships, and maintaining due confidentiality and respect for data privacy.
Maintain a communication channel with the organisation's interest groups, with a view to guaranteeing transparency and promoting cooperation.
- Maintaining an environment-friendly attitude, limiting, wherever possible, the impact of the risks derived from one's activity and promoting sustainable development values among all stakeholders.
- Supporting disabled people, striving for their physical recuperation and return to the job market via our Social Welfare and Professional Readaptation services, as well as the granting of financial aid through the Special Benefits Fund.
- Developing a management system which enables it to achieve continuous improvements in its social responsibility.
The stakeholders with which FREMAP establishes alliances and collaborations in a more general and continuous way include the following:
- Public Administration
- Governing Bodies and Share
- Mutual Insurance companies
- Work consultancies
- Mutual Societies' sector
- Business Communities, Professionals, Scientist, Educational and Union
FREMAP's document on Corporate Culture outlines the principles shared by the members of the organisation, which distinguish the company from others and determine the relationships between employees and the company and between the company and society.
The Code of Conduct. contains our rules of engagement with those affected by the activity we conduct and specifically with:
- Public Administrations and Company.
FREMAP has in place an Equality Plan, a document in which the company reaffirms its commitment to equality and to its employees. Given that equality lies at the core of society and therefore of the Company, specific measures are established to guarantee the effectiveness of this commitment.
Therefore, the values which have been, to date, set forth in the Corporate Culture document and the Code of Conduct, are now developed within a specific framework.
FREMAP has been assessed by auditors trained and authorised by Fundación Bequal,using the indicator model and verification sources approved by the Board of the Fundación Bequal, held on 31 January 2013, and has obtained the rating of Bequal Plus.
See Bequal certificate
FREMAP is a company associated with the United Nations Global Compact UN since 2002. By adhering to these values, FREMAP voluntarily agrees to implement the Ten Principles, which are the basis of the Global Compact, in its activities, integrating respect for human and social rights, respect for the environment and the fight against corruption so that business interests are compatible with the values of society at large.
The Ten Principles:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights within their sphere of influence.
- Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- Businesses should uphold the effective abolition of child labour.
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Businsses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
You can view FREMAP's Progress Report on the website of the Global Compact of the UN (The Global Compact).
FREMAP facilitates the creation of a collaborative space where it is possible to develop and present social projects with which employees voluntarily choose to collaborate.
One of the activities through which FREMAP promotes the voluntary work of its employees is the Solidarity Projects Competition.
The year 2015 marked the Seventh Solidarity Projects Competition, which was won by:
FREMAP's Social Action has its most practical implementation through solidarity campaigns. Through these campaigns, volunteers are able to carry out activities aimed at bringing about progress and improvement in their area and in developing countries.
Information about PDF documents: To view PDF files correctly, you must have the programme Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.