The Business Culture and the Responsible Action Principles, aligned with the FREMAP Strategic Plan, have inspired the definition of a Social Responsibility Policy: a set of general guidelines and goals that guide FREMAP's activities with respect to its responsibility to stakeholders.
In its Social Responsibility Policy, FREMAP pledges to:
- Abide by, enforce and disseminate national and international legislation, upholding the respect for rights recognised in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the principles in the Global Compact.
- Transparent, ethical and responsible business management, heeding criteria of efficiency and efficacy, reconciling its business activity with the exercise of social responsibility.
- Ensures that its employees have a healthy and safe work environment. Respect equal opportunities, privacy, and freedom of opinion, provide fair pay, and prevent all forms of harassment.
- Promote job stability, facilitate the reconciliation of work and family life, and promote training that enhances the personal and professional development of its employees, thus sustaining a good working environment.
- Promote solidarity and social responsibility among employees by encouraging the development of their social concerns and their participation in volunteer activities.
- Provide its customers with excellent service which, understood as a whole, entails advice concerning health risks and their consequences, provision of healthcare and management of cash benefits.
- Provide its clients with all the human and technical resources available and ensure the confidentiality and respect for the privacy of their data, thus creating channels to direct suggestions and complaints.
- Promote socially responsibility in the management of its supplies, establish mutually benefits, respectful and honest relationships, and maintain confidentiality and respect for the privacy of their details.
Maintain a communication and dialogue channel with interest groups that is transparent and encourages cooperation.
- Maintain an environmentally-friendly attitude, limiting, to the extent possible, the impact of risks related to its actions and promoting the values of sustainable development in all stakeholders.
- Support disabled people by seeking their physical recuperation and their return to the labour force through our Social Work and Retraining services and by granting aid from the Special Benefits Fund.
- Developing a management system which enables it to achieve continuous improvements in its social responsibility.
The groups with which FREMAP establishes general and ongoing alliances and collaborations are:
- Public Administration
- Governing Bodies and Share
- Mutual Insurance companies
- Work consultancies
- Mutual Societies' sector
- Business Communities, Professionals, Scientist, Educational and Union
FREMAP's Equality Plan reaffirms its commitment to equality and individuals. The group is confident that the Plan will continue to be the focus of both the organisation and the company and will be used to establish specific measures to implement this commitment.
Therefore, the values which have been, to date, set forth in the Business Culture document and the Responsible Action Principles, are now developed within a specific framework.
FREMAP is a company associated with the United Nations Global Compact UN since 2002. Through this participation, FREMAP voluntarily agrees to implement the Ten Principles, which are the basis of the Global Compact, in its activities, integrating respect for human and social rights, respect for the environment and the fight against corruption so that business interests are compatible with the values of society.
The Ten Principles:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
- Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- Businesses should uphold the effective abolition of child labour.
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Businsses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
You can view FREMAP's Progress Report on the website of the Global Compact of the UN (The Global Compact).
In 2016, the Sustainable Development Goals were adopted (ODS), targeted at eradicating poverty and hunger by 2030. The relationship between people and the planet has made it necessary to set out common goals for the earth, the oceans and rivers.
These SDG are a universal call to adopt measures to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all.
FREMAP, thanks to its commitment with the Global Compact, supports, works and promotes the 17 goals comprising the SDG.
The corporate sector is a key player in attaining these SDG, which is why FREMAP, as a Mutual Society Collaborating with the Social Security Institute, will contribute, through its activities, to the sustainable development of society.
- Objective 1: End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
- Objective 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Objective 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Goal 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- Goal 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- Goal 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
- Goal 10: Reduce income inequality within and among countries.
- Goal 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- Goal 15: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
- Goal 16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Goal 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
FREMAP facilitates the creation of a collaborative space where it is possible to develop and present social projects with which employees voluntarily choose to collaborate.
One of the activities through which FREMAP promotes the voluntary work of its employees is the Solidarity Projects Competition.
In 2017, we held the VIII Solidarity Projects Contest, and the winners were:
- the Paz y Bien Association with its project “Room of the Senses”, for the multisensory stimulation of people with disabilities.
- the AFANAS Association with its project "Multisensory Classroom" for the multisensory stimulation of people with disabilities.
- the Pequeño Deseo Foundation and its project “Help us Dream”, to make wishes come true for children in Valencia who suffer from chronic or serious illnesses.
FREMAP's Social Action has its most practical implementation through solidarity campaigns. Through these campaigns, volunteers are able to carry out activities aimed at bringing about progress and improvement in their area and in developing countries.
FREMAP is committed, in accordance with its Mission, Vision and Values, to maintain and improve its management model based on ongoing improvement and innovation, the key factors of which are excellence of service in management, within the prevailing legislative framework.
The Environmental Policy the aim of this policy is to establish the principles of action guiding FREMAP in the development of its environmental strategy, enabling it to improve its environmental performance and contribute to the company's progress in terms of Social Responsibility, and responding to the expectations and interests of the main stakeholders.
To support the Policy, FREMAP has a Management System that integrates environmental concepts, driven by Management, and which contributes a systematic approach to environmental management. As a reference to establish, introduce and improve this Management System, standard UNE-EN ISO 14001:2015 is adhered to.
A few examples of good environmental practices are:
- FSC certification for responsible role
- Environmentally responsible purchases
- Segregation and management of all sanitary, hazardous and domestic generated waste
- Agreement with Ambilamp for the management of fluorescent lights and lamps
- Agreement with Ecobatteries for the management of batteries.